Tart and refreshing, the perfect summer dessert. Preparation: 1 hour to drain yogurt, plus 15 to 20 minutes, plus chilling time.
2 cups fat-free vanilla yogurt (without cornstarch or gelatin)
11⁄4 cups sugar
1⁄2 cup key lime juice
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
3 cup cold water
1 large egg white
11⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole graham crackers)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons finely chopped lime zest
2⁄3 cup heavy cream
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 243 (30% from fat) • carb. 39g • pro. 4g • fat 8g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 24mg • sod. 120mg • calc. 69mg • fiber 0g
2. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the sugar and lime juice over medium high heat and let come to a boil. Continue to cook until the mixture registers 239°F on a candy thermometer (soft-ball stage), about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a stainless steel bowl.
4. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let soften for 5 minutes. Stir into the hot sugar mixture until dissolved. Allow to cool, about 1 hour. While the sugar syrup cools, make the crust. Use the chef’s whisk to beat the egg white on speed 7 until frothy, about 25 seconds.
5. Using speed 1, stir in the graham cracker crumbs and butter until crumbly in appearance, about 10 seconds. Press the graham cracker mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of the prepared pie plate.
6. Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes; cool completely on a rack. Using the chef’s whisk, blend the reduced yogurt and zest into the cooled sugar syrup on speed 1 until smooth, about 30 seconds.
7. Chill for 30 minutes. Use the chef’s whisk to beat the heavy cream on speed 5 until moderately stiff, about 50 to 60 seconds. Using a large rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the chilled yogurt mixture. Spoon into the prepared crust. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!