Coffee and dessert, all in one!
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 21⁄2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 16 ounces cream cheese (regular), at room temperature
- 16 ounces lowfat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, not cold from refrigerator*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- chocolate curls for garnish, optional
Nutritional information per serving (16 servings): Calories 368 (48% from fat) • carb. 41g • pro. 8g • fat 20g • sat. fat 12g • chol. 116mg • sod. 290mg • calc. 89mg • fiber 1g
- In a small bowl dissolve the espresso powder in the half-and-half; reserve. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9x3-inch springform or cheesecake pan with cooking spray.
- Place the butter and 1⁄4 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl. Mix on Speed 2 to cream, 11⁄2 minutes. Add flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix on Speed 1 until combined, 30 seconds. Add egg yolk and mix on Speed 1 until crumbly, 15 seconds. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until slightly puffed (crust may have cracked appearance – that is normal). Place on a rack to cool.
- When the pan is cool to touch, wrap a sheet of aluminum foil around the bottom and sides of the pan so that it comes up at least 2 inches. Place cream cheeses and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on Speed 1 until combined and smooth, 2 minutes. Using Speed 1, add eggs, one at a time, mixing for 15 seconds after each addition. Scrape the bowl. Add cornstarch; mix on Speed 1 for 20 seconds. Scrape the bowl. Add half-and-half mixture and vanilla, mix on Speed 1 until smooth and completely combined. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust. Place the pan in a larger aluminum pan and place in the oven; add enough hot water to the outer pan so that it is 1⁄2-inch deep. Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until the cheesecake is pulling away from the sides of the pan; the center will be jiggly.
- Remove from the oven, remove the foil and let cool completely on a rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
*Warm cold eggs safely before using by placing in a bowl of hot (not boiling) water for 10 minutes. They will incorporate more easily into your mixture.
Variation: After the cheesecake is mixed, add 3 ounces each chopped white and bittersweet chocolate using Speed 1, mix for 15 seconds to combine.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!