Best made when strawberries are at their peak of freshness, this ice cream is light, sweet and fruity.
1½ cups fresh strawberries, hulled*
¾ cup whole milk
⅔ cup granulated sugar
1½ cups heavy cream
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup): Calories 192 (62% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 1g • fat 13g • sat. fat 9g • chol. 51mg • sod. 23mg • calc. 26mg • fiber 0g
1. Put the strawberries into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse strawberries until rough/finely chopped (depending on preference). Reserve in bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine the milk, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Stir in reserved strawberries with all juices.
3. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Turn on the Cuisinart® ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
5. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving. *Frozen strawberries may be substituted if fresh strawberries are not available.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!