For a real treat, serve this with our Chocolate Sauce (recipe listed under Sauces and Dressings).
¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
½ cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup): Calories 268 (62% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 3g • fat 19g • sat. fat 11g • chol. 69mg • sod. 44mg • calc. 61mg • fiber 1g
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugars and salt. Add the milk and, using a hand mixer on low speed or a whisk, beat to combine until the cocoa, sugars and salt are dissolved.
2. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
3. Turn the Cuisinart® ice cream maker on; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
5. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!