Your Cuisinart® PowerEdge® 1000 Watt Blender makes this impressive dessert quick and easy. Both kids and adults will love it.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate
- 8 large egg yolks
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 bananas, sliced
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 605 (66% from fat) • carb. 44g • pro. 8g • fat 44g • sat. fat 26g • chol. 344mg • sod. 84mg • calc. 178mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat an oven to 325°F with the rack in the middle position. In a small saucepan, combine the heavy cream, milk and vanilla bean, including the pod. Set over medium heat and bring just to a simmer. Remove the vanilla bean pod and discard.
- Put the chocolate, egg yolks, 5 tablespoons of the granulated sugar and hot cream/milk mixture into the jar of your Cuisinart® Blender. Run on Low for 30 seconds. Evenly divide the mixture among 8 shallow ramekins. Skim the foam off of the top by blotting with a paper towel.
- Place the ramekins in a rimmed baking pan and then add water to a depth of ¼ inch of the ramekins. Bake for 40 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill overnight.
- Before serving, place banana slices evenly on top of each chilled custard and then liberally sprinkle the reserved sugar over each. Using a kitchen torch, caramelize the sugar by quickly moving the flame back and forth about 1 inch above the ramekin.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!