- 2½ cups chopped walnuts
- ½ recipe pâte sucrée (page 24)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- pinch table salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves, strained
- 2oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 330 (54% from fat) • carb. 35g • pro. 4g • fat 21g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 35mg • sod. 55mg • calc. 25mg • fiber 2g
- Preheat a Cuisinart® Convection Toaster Oven Broiler to 400°F on the bake setting with the rack in position B. Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Spread the walnuts on the prepared pan and toast for 4 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F on the convection bake setting and move the rack to position A.
- Roll out the dough into a 10-inch disc that is about 1/8-inch thick. Fit into an ungreased fluted tart pan. Chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Using a fork, prick the dough evenly all over but make sure not to go entirely through the dough. Line the shell with parchment and weigh down with dried beans or rice. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the dough underneath the parchment is no longer wet.
- Remove the beans/rice and parchment and continue baking until the shell is golden brown. Remove and reserve.
- While the shell is baking, add the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt to a heavy-bottomed, medium saucepan. Wipe down with inside walls of the pan with a wet pastry brush to be sure that there are no sugar granules or water droplets in the pan – if the walls of the pan are not dry, it will hinder the quality of the caramel. Cook the sugar mixture until it turns to an amber color.
- Once it achieves that color, take off from heat and slowly stir in the cream (note: the mixture will bubble quite a bit so it is important to do this step slowly and off the heat). Then stir in the toasted walnuts.
- While caramel is cooking, spread the raspberry jam on the cooled tart shell. Pour the caramel-walnut mixture on top of the raspberry layer.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Once the chocolate is almost fully melted, remove from heat and stir to cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle chocolate over the caramel nut tart. Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours, or overnight.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!