1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 pounds fruit **
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
* Use more sugar if the fruit is very tart. Use less if the fruit is very ripe and sweet.
* * We suggest using apples, pears, plums, peaches, nectarines, or a combination of these fruits.
Calories 232 (31% from fat) • carbo. 37g • prot. 3g • fat 8g. sat • fat 5g • chol. 21mg
2. Combine sugar, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
3. Peel, halve and core or pit fruit. Insert the 6mm slicing disc in a Cuisinart® food processor. Stand fruit upright in the large feed tube and slice using medium pressure. Add to mixing bowl and toss to combine with sugar mixture. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate, mounding fruit in center.
4. Insert the metal blade and add remaining ingredients. Pulse about 5 times and then process continuously until crumbly, about 15 - 20 seconds. Sprinkle over fruit and bake in preheated oven until fruit is tender, about 40 - 45 minutes.
5. Serve warm. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!