Key Lime PieUser Submitted Recipe
2 cups graham cracker crumbs, already ground
½ stick melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
5 egg yolks
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup Key Lime juice
grated rinds of 2 limes or 4 Key Limes
1. Preheat oven to 350oF
2. In a Cuisinart blender finely blend graham crackers to make 2 cups of crumbs
3. Melt butter in the microwave, in a microwave safe dish.
4. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
5. Using the back of a tablespoon, press the crust mixture into a 9-inch pie pan
6. Separate eggs, placing yolks in a large bowl. Reserve white or discard.
6. With a Cuisinart Stand Mixer, beat yolks for 2 minutes, until lemon yellow.
7. Add sweetened condensed milk, one can at a time, beating between additions.
8. Add Key Lime juice, mixing gently.
9. With a citrus zester or fine grater, add the lime rind directly to the filling mixture, beating thoroughly.
10. Fill unbaked pie shell. If there is any mix remaining, place it in an ovenproof dessert dish.
11. Bake at 350oF. For 16 minutes.
12. When done, remove from the oven by placing a flat cookie sheet under the pie.
13. Allow to cool to room temperature.
14. Place in freezer and allow to freeze overnight.
15. Cut while still frozen and allow to thaw at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, before serving. Best, when enjoyed semi-frozen.