Fudge Layered Chocolate Mousse CheesecakeUser Submitted Recipe
1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
3 Squares Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 8 oz Pkg Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 Box No Bake Chocolate Mousse
2 Cups Milk
Two 8 oz Tubs Whipped Topping
1 Square Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (melted)
1) Preheat oven to 450. Unroll pie crust into 9" pie plate. Press dough along bottom and sides of pie plate. Fold edges under and flute.
2) Cover crust with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and pie weights, pierce bottom of crust 4-5 times with fork, and continue baking for another 5-7 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
3) Melt 3 chocolate squares in microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted (watch carefully so chocolate doesn't burn). Fold in condensed milk until well blended and creamy, to create chocolate fudge, and pour into cooled pie crust. Sprinkle nuts over fudge layer and press into fudge.
4) Pour milk into a separate, medium size bowl. Add chocolate mousse mix, and beat with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour chocolate mousse over cream cheese layer and distribute evenly.
5) Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or until ready to serve.
6) For Garnish when ready to serve: Top chocolate mousse layer with 1 tub of whipped topping (you may want to pipe on the whipped topping, to create impressive peaks). Place melted baking bar into a small ziploc bag and cut 1/8 inch off one corner. Swirl melted chocolate over whipped cream in a circular pattern, allowing chocolate to drizzle and harden on whipped topping peaks. This creates a beautiful, three-dimensional presentation.