Carrot puddingUser Submitted Recipe
2 cups carrot (grated)
2 cups milk
1 5oz can evaporated milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick unsweetened butter
1/2 tspn cardamom powder
6-7 sliced unsalted almonds (to garnish)
1. In a food processor, finely grate the carrots.
2. Take a wide mouth heavy bottom nonstick pan and add the butter & melt on medium heat.
3. Add grated carrots & allow the water to evaporate by constantly stirring it on medium heat. (It will take around 7-8 mins.)
4. Add milk after the carrot changes its colour slightly & becomes tender in texture. Cook till entire milk has evaporated.
5. Constant stirring is important in order to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.
6. Add sugar when milk has dried almost 90% & stir continuously till the mixture leaves sides of the pan.
7. Transfer to a serving dish & garnish it with thinly sliced almonds.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!