Susanne's Brandied Peach Pound Cake and Peach Ice CreamUser Submitted Recipe
1 Cup+ 3 T Unsalted Butter, softened
1 t. Mexican Vanilla
2 1/4 Cups Sugar, I like the Mexican sugar best.
4 Large Egg, room temperature
3 cups Unbleached Flour
1 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt
2 Cups Chopped, fresh Peaches, or frozen (but thawed)
1/3 cup of Cognac or Brandy (I love the St. Remy VSOP)
(Made with Cuisinart Stand Mixer)
6 Cups Peaches, Chopped with skins
1 Cup Mexican Sugar
1/4 cup Brandy
3 Eggs, Room Temperature
1/12 c Mexican Sugar
2 T Unbleached Flour
1/2 t salt
4 Cups Whole Milk
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 T Mexican Vanilla
Ice Rock Salt
(Made with Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker)
Oven Temperature: 325*
1. The Preparing of the 10" Tube Bundt Pan is one of the most important parts as this work creates a spectacular crust. Using 3 large Tablespoons of the Butter, spread with your hands on the inside of your pan. Then gently sprinkle in 1/4 sugar of the sugar, and roll the pan to make sure the sugar is spread evenly.
2. Cut the peaches into small chunks, leaving the skins on. Place in a small bowl, and pour the brandy over the peaches. Let Rest.
3. In a separate bowl, I like to mix my dry ingredients together now, because then it is prepared to add to the wet mix. So blend well 2 3/4 c unbleached flour, baking powder and salt. Let Rest.
4. Cream remaining butter (1 Cup); gradually add remaining sugar (2 cups), Beat Well.
5. Add 4 Eggs, One At A Time, beating well in with your Cuisinart Mixer. I use a low speed.
6. Add Vanilla and mix well.
7. Gradually now add the dry mix to the creamed mix, beating until well blended.
8. Dredge peaches and brandy with 1/4 c flour. Fold peaches into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Place Pan into Preheated 325* Oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn Oven Off, Let Rest in Oven 5 more minutes.
10. When done remove pan from oven, place pan on a rack. Let cool for 10 minutes. With a plate placed on top of pan, using gloves on your hands, flip the pan and let your creation get all the "ahs" it will deserve.
I like to serve this cake with the following home made peach ice cream recipe, but you can also just place some warmed peaches with vanilla ice cream over each slice served.
It is an easy recipe, and creates one of the finest desserts from flavor to presentation I have invented. And, it freezes, wonderful.
Susanne’s Homemade Peach Ice Cream Recipe.
Chop 6 cups of peaches, Soak with 1/4 cup brandy for about 10 minutes.
Add I cup of sugar, stir and Let Rest.
Beat with Cuisinart Stand Mixer 3 room temperature eggs until frothy. Let Rest.
Mix in separate bowl 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 2 T unbleached flour, 1/2 t salt.. Gradually add to eggs and beat till thick. Add 4 cups of milk. Blend.
Pour mixture into large saucepan. Cook on low, stirring frequently for 20 minutes, or until back of spoon coats. Remove from heat and place pan in a large bowl filled with ice. Stir custard frequently, letting it cool down.
Gently stir in peaches, 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 T mexican vanilla.
Pour into freezer container of your 1-gallon Cuisinart ice cream maker Freeze according to instructions of machine.
Pack freezer unit w/ additional ice and rock salt and let stand 1 Hour Before Serving with Cake.