Heavenly Tira MisuUser Submitted Recipe
6 large eggs
16 oz. of marscapone cheese
1 pt. of heavy cream
4 oz. of light rum
1 oz of Kahlua
1 cup of very strong coffee
1 package of Italian lady fingers
1 tin of Piroulines
• Separate 6 eggs.
• Beat yolks with 6 tablespoons of sugar until thick.
• Pour yolks into a bowl and add 16 oz. of fresh marscapone cheese. Mix until smooth.
• Beat 1 pint of heavy cream with 3 tablespoons of sugar until thick (I use a stainless steel bowl that was in the freezer for a while).
• Fold whipped cream into egg yolk mixture.
• Beat egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff and fold into the mixture.
• Put 4 oz. of light rum and 1 oz of Kahlua in 1 cup of very strongly brewed black coffee.
• Get Pavesini biscuits (Italian Lady Finger cookies for Tira Misu).
• Dip the cookies very lightly in the Kahlua/Rum/Coffee mixture (do not soak, just skim the surface).
• Layer the bottom of a bowl (3 qt. glass) with cookies.
• Then cover with a layer of Tira Misu (2 inches thick) and dust with a good cocoa powder.
• Repeat until you fill the bowl (2-3 layers) and top off with cocoa powder.
• Chill for at lest 1 hour (Can be made the day before you are going to serve it).
• Serve in small dessert bowls and top off by sticking a lady finger (dry one) or Pirouline in the Tira Misu in each individual bowl.