- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract (may use vanilla)
- One 10-12 oz pound cake (frozen - do not thaw, loaf shape)
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
537 calories (65% from fat) • carb. 40g • pro. 7g • fat 40g • sat. fat 13g • chol. 125mg • sod. 76mg • calc. 67mg • fiber 2g
- Crumble the brown sugar into a bowl so that there are no lumps. Add the softened butter and almond extract. Stir to blend.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the frozen pound cake into 8 equal slices - it is important that the slices all be the same thickness. Spread both sides of each slice with the brown sugar butter. Dip the buttered pound cake into the chopped almonds until evenly coated and press almonds into butter lightly. Place in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Ten minutes before serving, preheat the Cuisinart™ Griddler fitted with the flat griddle plates to 375°F. When hot, arrange 4 slices of the almond coated pound cake on the bottom griddle plate. Close, apply light pressure to lid for 10 seconds, and cook for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove from Griddler™ and repeat with remaining 4 slices.
- Serve the Toasted Almond Pound Cake warm It may be served plain, or topped with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or softly whipped cream.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!