Glazed Walnut CakeUser Submitted Recipe
Glazed Walnut Cake
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS lemon rind, grated
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
3/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground allspice
Dash of ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease/flour 9 x 13 pan.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
4. Add eggs.
5. In a separate bowl, combine yogurt and buttermilk.
6. In another bowl, sift together flour, powder and soda.
7. Add yogurt-mix and flour-mix alternatively to the butter mixture, blending well.
8. Add lemon grind and cinnamon. Mix well.
9. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Glaze: Simmer all the ingredients together, covered, for about 15 minutes.
When the cake is done, remove it from the oven, turn the oven off, pour the glaze over the hot cake, and return it to the oven for about 10 minutes.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!