Your kitchen will be filled with the smell of warm, fall spices while these bake.
- 4 firm apples, a sweet-tart variety works well, such as Pink Lady
- ¼ cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
Nutritional information per apple: Calories 243 (31% from fat) • carb. 42g • pro. 3g • fat 9g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 15mg sod. 38mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 7g
1. Line the Baking Pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper; reserve.Core the apples, but do not cut through the bottom; reserve.
2. Put the oats, pecans, flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg into a small mixing bowl.Stir to combine.Add the butter and, using your hands, mix together by pinching the mixture to form clumps.Make sure the ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Divide the oat mixture among the apples.Press in to fill.Transfer to the prepared Baking Pan and put into the oven in Rack Position 1.
4. Set to Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.Cook until apples are tender and tops are crispy and browned.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!