The secret to soft banana bread is a light mixing hand. Although the Cuisinart® Stand Mixer is tough enough for your heaviest breads, Speed 1 ensures delicate mixing and folding.
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) butter, cut into 1-inch pieces, plus more for buttering pan
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups peeled, ripe banana, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Nutritional analysis per serving (based on 12 servings): Calories 210 (38% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 3g
- fat 9g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 51mg • sod. 190mg
- calc. 9mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Reserve.
- Put sugar and butter into the Cuisinart® mixing bowl. Attach the flat mixing paddle and mix on Speed 2 until creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape the entire bowl.
- Continuing on Speed 2, add eggs, one at a time, and mix until each is incorporated. Scrape the entire bowl. Add vanilla extract and then the banana and continue to mix until banana is well combined, about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Scrape the bowl well and add chocolate chips and mix to fold. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until deep golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until cool to touch; remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!