The perfect pairing of flavors for a light dessert.
3 cups water
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup packed mint leaves
Pinch kosher salt
6 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup):
Calories 190 (1% from fat) • carb. 50g • pro. 1g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 10mg• calc. 19mg • fiber 4g
1. Prepare simple syrup with the water and sugar by adding both to a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Cook mixture until the sugar is fully dissolved.
2. Once the simple syrup is ready, remove from heat and add the mint leaves and salt. Let the mixture steep for 15 to 20 minutes. If you desire a milder mint flavor, remove and discard the mint leaves after steeping, but for a more intense sorbet, blend the sugar/mint mixture using a Cuisinart® Immersion Blender.
3. Add the raspberries and, using a Cuisinart® Immersion Blender, blend the mixture until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Press Sorbet and then Start/Stop. Pour the mixture through the spout and then cover with the cap. Let mix until thickened. The sorbet will have a soft texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!