Whether topped with our indulgent Ganache or not, these sinful brownies are impossible to resist.
Nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, cubed
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons espresso powder
½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
3 large eggs
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon espresso powder
Pinch kosher salt
¼ cup heavy cream
Nutritional information per brownie:
Calories 281 (50% from fat) • carb. 30g • pro. 3g • fat 19g • sat. fat 11g
• chol. 62mg • sod. 124mg • calc. 29mg • fiber 2g
1. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
2. Put the butter and both chocolates into a heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. Once the butter/chocolate mixture is almost completely melted, stir in cocoa powder and espresso powder. Once chocolate is completely melted, stir in flour and salt; set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Using a Cuisinart® Hand Mixer fitted with the mixing beaters, beat the eggs to break them slightly, then gradually add the sugar. Mix until light and thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat until well combined. Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until the batter is no longer streaky. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
4. Adjust the rack to position 2. Set the oven to Bake with Convection at 350°F for 20 minutes. Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and bake for the allotted time, or until edges are just dry. Cool completely and chill in the refrigerator overnight before frosting.
5. To make Ganache: Put the chopped chocolate, espresso powder and salt in a small, heatproof mixing bowl. Set aside. Put the cream in a small saucepan and bring to just a boil. Once heated, pour over chocolate mixture and allow to sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes have passed, whisk mixture until completely smooth. Allow to cool to body temperature, where the ganache is no longer hot, but still spreadable. Spread over the top of the brownies. Chill in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Slice with a sharp knife and serve.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!