A great dessert for the summer months and it only takes 15 minutes.
- 1lb strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 cake (about 11 ounces), cut into 10 slices
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½cup heavy cream, chilled
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 208 (57% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 2g • fat 13g • sat. fat 8g
• chol. 97mg • sod. 154mg • calc. 27mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to Medium.
- While the grill is preheating, put the strawberries into a medium mixing bowl with sugar, salt and mint; toss to combine.
- Once the grill has preheated, for about 10 minutes, spoon the strawberry mixture onto the Grill plate. Cook, tossing occasionally, for about 2 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Remove and reserve, removing as much of the sugar off of the Grill plate as possible.
- While the strawberries are cooking, brush the pound cake with the softened butter. Place on the hot Grill plate and cook about 1½ to 2 minutes per side, until medium grill marks are achieved.
- While the pound cake is grilling, prepare the whipped cream. Put the cream and sugar into a chilled mixing bowl. Using a Cuisinart® Hand Mixer, whip the cream to medium-stiff peaks. Reserve.
- To assemble: Top the grilled pound cake with the whipped cream and then finish with the strawberries.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!