Grilled FruitCuisinart Original Recipe
Grilled fresh fruit makes a wonderful base for vanilla ice cream. You may drizzle it with a little rum or liqueur and add a sprinkling of chopped toasted nuts for a grilled fruit sundae."
2 to 3 ½- to ¾-inch slices fresh pineapple*
1 large peach, pitted and quartered
1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 4 pieces
water (enough to cover the fruit)
juice of 1 lemon
1 banana, halved and then cut into 4 pieces total
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
pinch ground cinnamon
1. Put the fruit, except for the banana, into a large mixing bowl. Add enough water to the bowl to fully cover the fruit. Stir in the lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. While the fruit is chilling, prepare the cinnamon butter. Stir the butter and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Reserve.
3. Ten minutes before the fruit has completed soaking, preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to High.
4. Remove the fruit from the lemon water and pat dry. Brush both sides of the fruit, now including the banana, with the cinnamon butter.
5. The peach should take about 2½ to 3½ minutes per side to grill. The pineapple and mango should take about 2½ minutes per side. The banana only take about 1 to 1½ minutes. When grilling the fruit, carefully flip half-way through cooking, As always with fruit, cooking times vary depending on the ripeness of the fruit.
*Many grocery stores sell peeled and cored pineapples in the produce section.
ServingsMakes 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 134 (37% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 1g • fat 6g • sat fat 4g
• chol. 15mg • sod. 2mg • calc. 12mg • fiber 3g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Griddler® Compact Grill Centro
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!