Fudgy and rich, these brownies are just the thing when you need a quick chocolate fix.
nonstick cooking spray
¾ (1½ sticks) cup unsalted butter, cubed
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons espresso powder
3 large eggs
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional information per brownie:
Calories 249 (54% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 3g • fat 16g • sat. fat 10g
• chol. 57mg • sod. 120mg • calc. 12mg • fiber 2g
1. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Preheat oven on bake at 350˚F with the rack in the middle position.
2. Put the butter and both chocolates into a heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. Once the butter/chocolate mixture is almost completely melted, stir in cocoa powder and espresso powder. Once chocolate is completely melted, set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Using a Cuisinart® hand mixer beat the eggs to break them slightly, then gradually add the sugar. Mix until light and thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. Stir the flour and salt into the chocolate mixture until just incorporated. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until the batter is no longer streaky.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until edges are just dry. Cool completely and chill in the refrigerator overnight before cutting and serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!