A great make-ahead dessert – from the oven to the table in an hour.
½ cup semi- or bittersweet chocolate chips
1⁄3 cup dried cherries
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1½ cups whole milk
1½ cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
nonstick cooking spray (or softened butter)
Nutritional information per serving (based on 8 servings):
Calories 484 (49% from fat) • carb. 50g • pro. 12g • fat 27g • sat. fat 15g
• chol. 188mg • sod. 450mg • calc. 154mg • fiber 2g
1. Place the bread cubes, chocolate chips and cherries in a large bowl. Toss to combine; reserve.
2. Put the eggs, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk until light and frothy. Add the milk, heavy cream and vanilla and continue to whisk until well combined. Pour liquid mixture over the bread and chips. Gently stir to fully coat. Cover with plastic and allow to rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours, and up to overnight.
3. Preheat oven to Bake at 350°F with the rack in the lower position.
4. Lightly coat a 9-inch round baking pan with the nonstick spray (or brush with butter). Transfer the soaked bread mixture into the pan. Lightly cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Bread pudding is done when it is nicely puffed and the internal temperature registers 160°F. Serve immediately with freshly whipped cream.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!