Strawberry ShortcakesCuisinart Original Recipe
With a few tweaks, our flaky biscuit recipe does double duty as the base for this classic dessert."
1 recipe prepared buttermilk biscuit dough (increase sugar to 2 tablespoons and reduce salt to ¼ teaspoon)
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream, divided
2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
1. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 400°F with the rack in the middle position. Line the baking pan with parchment paper; reserve.
2. Shape the dough into six rounds and evenly space on the baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
3. Bake the shortcakes for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
4. Combine the remaining ½ cup of heavy cream, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip the cream until medium peaks are formed. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and remaining tablespoon of sugar; reserve until serving.
5. Slice the cakes in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Evenly divide the whipped cream and berries on the bottom cake halves and then top with the other shortcake half.
ServingsMakes 6 shortcakes
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 322 (46% from fat) • carb. 39g • pro. 4g • fat 16g • sat. fat 11g
• chol. 53mg • sod. 318mg • calc. 32mg • fiber 1g