With a few tweaks, our flaky biscuit recipe does double duty as the base for this classic dessert.
- 1 recipe prepared buttermilk biscuit dough (increase sugar to 2 tablespoons and reduce salt to ¼ teaspoon)
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 322 (46% from fat) • carb. 39g • pro. 4g • fat 16g • sat. fat 11g
• chol. 53mg • sod. 318mg • calc. 32mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 400°F with the rack in the middle position. Line the baking pan with parchment paper; reserve.
- Shape the dough into six rounds and evenly space on the baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Bake the shortcakes for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine the remaining ½ cup of heavy cream, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip the cream until medium peaks are formed. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and remaining tablespoon of sugar; reserve until serving.
- Slice the cakes in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Evenly divide the whipped cream and berries on the bottom cake halves and then top with the other shortcake half.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!