Add that professional touch to your baked goods with this simple icing.
Makes about 2 cups
3½ cups confectioners’ sugar
¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, cubed and room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon):Calories 93 (40% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 0g • fat 4g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 11mg • sod. 0mg • calc. 0mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add 3½ cups of confectioners’ sugar to the work bowl. The processor is set to sift for 15 seconds on Speed 6.
2. Add 1½ sticks of cubed, room temperature butter to the work bowl and Pulse to combine.
3. Process for 20 seconds on Speed 12 until light and creamy.
4. Scrape the bowl and add a tablespoon each vanilla extract and corn syrup. Process for an additional 30 seconds on Speed 12 until completely smooth.
5. Transfer to a pastry bag for piping.
6. For a colored or flavored icing, add desired extracts/food color with the vanilla and corn syrup.