• 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup vegetable stock
• 1/2 cup favorite salsa
• 1/2 cup corn
• Choice of any one or more of the following cooked meats: shredded pork; shredded chicken; ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken; sliced chorizo or smoked sausage
• 1/4 teaspoon (plus more if needed) fajita seasoning
• Salt/Pepper to taste
• Cilantro (optional)
• Garnish choices: sliced green onion, sour cream, diced avocado, lime juice and zest, pico, tortilla chips
No nutrition information available
1. Place beans and stock in medium saucepan.
2. Bring to boil, reduce heat. Mash beans lightly. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add salsa, meat, corn and fajita seasoning.
4. Simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Serve in soup bowls with garnish options.