• 1lbs Falls Brand Thick Sliced Bacon
• 2 Medium Sized Yellow Onions
• 3 Cans Diced Tomatoes
• 1 Teaspon Crushed Cili Peppers
• 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
• 2 Tablespoons of parmesan cheese
• 1 Handful of Rock salt
• 1 Lbs. Barilla Fettuccine or Thick Spaghetti
No nutrition information available
1. Cut the bacon in ½ inch squares, dice the two onions about ½ inch. Heat up a large 12-14” frying pan and add the bacon and cook it on medium – high while stirring to desired texture. Add the onions and crushed chili pepper (personal preference, but gives a nice kick to it), keep stirring until they become glassy, while keeping the grease created by the bacon, add 3 cans of diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil at medium – high, keep stirring. When its bubbles turn the heat down to simmer cover with lid and simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours stirring occasionally. I personally prefer put my wooden spoon between the lid and the pan so steam can escape.
2. In a pasta pan bring abundant water to a boil add a handful of rock salt also known as ice cream salt. Add the fettuccine (without breaking in half) if you add 1 tablespoon of olive oil the water will not foam and boil over. Cook the pasta according to cooking time written on package. When the pasta is done drain it and add the sauce with 2 tablespoon. of olive oil stirring thoroughly, personal preference add a handful of fresh chopped parsley. Serve and add parmesan cheese individually. You can accompany this dish with Lambrusco, which is a semi sweet sparkling red wine, which is the closest you can find from where this recipe comes from.