A tasty and colorful dish to serve as a first course or light lunch.
1 medium onion peeled, halved and sliced 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed 2 thyme sprigs, leaves only 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided 1/2 cup mixed red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved 1 sheet prepared puff pastry, defrosted egg wash (1 large egg and 1 tablespoon water whisked together) 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded Comte cheese, divided 3 tablespoons fresh ricotta, strained of any excess water 2 large basil leaves
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 68 (63% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 3g
• fat 5g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 27mg • sod. 218mg
• calc. 56mg • fiber 0g
1. Toss the onion with the garlic, thyme, olive oil and ½ teaspoon of the salt in a medium mixing bowl. Put on the baking pan lined with parchment paper and put in the oven with the rack in the middle rack position. Set the oven to Super Steam at 300°F for 30 minutes.
2. While the onion is cooking, toss the tomatoes in the same bowl with ¼ teaspoon of salt . Remove and reserve onion mixture once finished. Replace the parchment and put the tomatoes on the pan and then into the oven.
Set to Bake Steam at 400°F for 5 minutes.
3. Roll out the sheet of pastry on a well-floured surface and cut out a 9 x 9-inch square. Cut four 1-inch wide strips out of the pastry for a border around the square, placing the strips directly on top of the pastry square. Using the tines of a fork, prick the surface of the tart shell all over, in the center and on the borders. Brush the egg wash all over the tart shell.
4. Put the tart shell on the cleaned baking pan lined with parchment and put in the oven with the rack in the lower rack position . Set to Convection Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the shell to make sure the surface does not get too dark. Should it get too dark before time expires, cover with aluminum foil.
5. Once shell is baked and cools slightly, scatter the ¼ cup of shredded cheese along the bottom of the tart shell. Put ½ tablespoon dollops of the ricotta on top of the cheese evenly across the tart; sprinkle with half of the remaining salt . Top evenly with the onion mixture and then the tomatoes, and finally the remaining cheese and salt. Cover the border of the tart with aluminum foil and put back in the oven with the rack in the middle rack position. Set oven to Broil at 500°F for 10 minutes, until the cheese on top is melted and golden brown.
6. Once tart is finished tear the basil leaves and scatter on top of the tart before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!