During the peak of summer, this pizza is a great way to use all of your fresh basil.
Nonstick cooking spray
¹∕³ recipe Pizza Dough (page 13)
1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup basil pesto (store-bought, or see www.cuisinart.com for a recipe) Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 small tomato, sliced
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 283 (49% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 9g • fat 16g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 12mg • sod. 402mg • calc. 84mg • fiber 4g
1. Preheat the Toaster Oven Broiler to 400°F on the Bake setting.
2. Lightly coat the baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Form dough into a 10 x 9-inch rectangle. Fit into the prepared pan. Brush the outer edge of the dough with olive oil. Fit pan into the lower position and bake for about 12 minutes, or until dough is lightly golden.
4. Spread the pesto on the dough, leaving a ½-inch border, and then top with the cheese, then the tomato slices. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the edges of the crust are golden.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle the fresh basil on top. Let pizza cool slightly, then slice and serve