This satisfying one-pan meal is nutritious and packed with fresh Mediterranean flavor.
- 2 medium zucchini, 1 pound, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound wild salmon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
Nutritional information per serving (based on 3 servings):
Calories 268 (56% from fat) • carb. 12g • pro. 18g • fat 17g sat. fat 2g • chol. 42mg • sod. 924mg • calc. 52mg • fiber 3g
1. Assemble the Cuisinart® PrepExpress™ with the 3.0mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and Straight Feed Tube. Spiralize the zucchini. Reserve.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the salmon, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sear, about 2 minutes. Add the olives and capers. Cook for 1 minute. Carefully add the diced tomatoes with the liquid, cover, and reduce heat to low. Gently simmer until cooked, about 10 minutes.
3. Once salmon is ready, transfer to a serving plate.
4. Continue cooking sauce, uncovered, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the spiralized zucchini zoodles and toss to just warm through.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Zucchini will release liquid during cooking; serve sauce and (zoodles) with a slotted spoon.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!