Try this cauliflower crust as a gluten-free alternative.
- 1 head (about 1 pound) cauliflower, florets only
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded and cut to fit feed tube
- 1/2 onion, trimmed
- 3 white mushrooms
- 1/2 pound mozzarella,
- ¾ cup pizza sauce, see recipe page 23
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 210 (60% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 15g • fat 15g
sat. fat 7g • chol. 80mg • sod. 715mg • calc. 366mg • fiber 2g
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put cauliflower florets into the large work bowl fitted with the large chopping blade. Pulse to break up, 5 to 6 times, and then process on High to finely chop, about 30 seconds. Add remaining crust ingredients to work bowl and process on High again to combine, about 30 seconds. Transfer ingredients to the prepared baking sheet. Form into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake until golden brown and slightly firm, about 40 minutes. Cool slightly.
- While cauliflower is cooling, adjust slicing disc to setting 5. Insert slicing disc. Slice pepper, onion and mushrooms. Transfer to a large bowl. Reserve.
- Insert shredding disc with the medium setting facing up.
- Shred the mozzarella. Reserve in bowl.
- Put the pizza sauce in the center of the cooled cauliflower crust and spread evenly, leaving a 1-inch border. Spread vegetables evenly over sauce. Spread cheese evenly over vegetables. Brush edges of crust with olive oil.
- Bake until toppings are soft and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes.
* Our Pizza Dough recipe on page 58 can also be used. Unlike the cauliflower crust, it does not need to be prebaked first. To make: On a lightly dusted surface, roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer pizza dough to a pizza screen sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or a baking sheet dusted very well with cornmeal. Top with sauce and toppings, brush edges of crust with olive oil and bake until crust is golden brown, toppings are soft and cheese is melted and bubbly.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!