Depending on how big or small the pieces are, you should be able to get at least 8 triangle pieces.
• 3 medium Onions
• 2 pounds Ground Beef, lean
• ½ teaspoon Salt
• 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
• 1 teaspoon All-Spice
• 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
• ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
• ¼ teaspoon Salt
• 3 tablespoons All-Purpose White Flour
• 6 cups 2% Milk
• 12 ounces Shredded Cheese Mix (I like to use Mozzarella, Provolone and White Cheddar but if preferred, you could use either one or all)
• 6 medium size Green Zucchini
• ½ cup Plain Bread Crumbs
No nutrition information available
1. First we're going to make the Stuffing. Start by peeling the onions, and washing them, then cut each onion into small pieces. In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and fry the onions until almost golden in color.
2. Add the 2 pounds of lean ground beef, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon all-spice to the skillet and cook until well done. Set aside
3. In the meantime, prepare the Bechamel Sauce. In a medium size saucepan, put 3 tablespoons of flour, ¼ teaspoon White Pepper, ¼ teaspoon Salt, and slowly add the milk a little at a time by constantly stirring together to prevent clumps from forming. Keep stirring until all 6 cups of milk are added and well mixed to form a homogenous mixture. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick. Set aside.
4. Wash the Zucchini with cold water, then cut off the blossom end and the stem end, and slice each piece into rounds. The rounds should not be too thick.
5. Grab a circular 5 quart pan (may use a rectangular pan instead if preferred).
6. In the bottom of your pan, pour 2 serving spoons of Bechamel Sauce, or enough to cover the bottom surface of the pan. Arrange Zucchini rounds in your pan to fill one layer, and scoop some stuffing (ground beef) on top of the zucchini.
7. Sprinkle Shredded Cheese on the ground beef and top with Bechamel sauce. Repeat with more layers until all the Zucchini and other ingredients are done, the same way you layer the lazagna. Please see attached pictures for demonstration.
8. Try to finish it with Bechamel Sauce on top. Then, add the Plain Bread Crumbs to top it off. It will look really nice once it's done.
9. Preheat your oven to 375F and cook for 45-60 minutes or until the Zucchini are no longer crunchy.
10. Remove from oven and slice into triangle pieces (if using a circular pan) or square/rectangle pieces (if using a rectangular pan).
11. Enjoy this delicious dish!!