½ small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ pound red potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 pound broccoli, head cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
2½ cups chicken broth, low sodium, divided
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 107 (13% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 5g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 341mg • calc. 64mg • fiber 4g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, and garlic clove to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
2. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add a teaspoon of olive oil. The cooking time is set for 6 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
4. Add 1½ cups chicken broth, ½ pound potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces, pound of broccoli, cut into florets with stems peeled and sliced, 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch black pepper.
5. Secure Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set to 20 minutes, at 285°F with no speed.
6. The cooking time is now set for 15 minutes at 205°F with no speed.
7. Vegetables should be soft. The processor is set to purée on Speed 12 for 1 minute. Pause and scrape the bowl halfway through processing.
8. With the processor running on Speed 7, add remaining cup of chicken broth until desired consistency is reached.
9. Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.