This Thai-style curry is a great sauce for both veggies and proteins, like chicken and seafood.
Makes about 3 cups.
1-inch piece ginger, peeled
2 garlic cloves
1 serrano pepper, stem removed
1 small onion
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ cup Thai green curry paste
1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
½ cup vegetable stock
½ lime, juiced
1 teaspoon fish sauce (omit for true vegetarian/vegan recipe)
1 stalk lemongrass, smashed, quartered lengthwise and cut into ½ inch slices
Thai basil, cut into chiffonade for garnish (optional)
Jasmine rice (optional)
Chopped roasted nuts (cashews or peanuts) (optional)
Nutritional information per serving (¼ cup): Calories 34 (48%) from fat • carb. 4g • pro. 0g • fat 2g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 0mg • sod. 260mg • calc. 87mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add a 1-inch piece of peeled ginger, 2 garlic cloves and serrano pepper (remove seeds if less heat is desired) to the work bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. The processor is set to chop for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 2mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
4. Slice one small onion on Speed 12.
5. Replace the Slicing Disc Assembly with the Stirring Paddle and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with ½ teaspoon salt. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed.
6. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
7. Add ¼ cup Thai green curry paste. An additional 3 minutes of cooking time is added at 275°F on Speed 2.
8. Add 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, ½ cup vegetable stock, juice of ½ lime, 1 teaspoon fish sauce.
9. Additionally, add 1 lemongrass stalk, smashed, quartered lengthwise and cut into ½ inch slices and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
10. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 205°F on Speed 1.
11. Sauce is ready to be used!
12. Continue to simmer on 205°F and add ingredients of choice (vegetables or protein or a combination of the two) until cooked through.
13. Garnish with chopped Thai basil and serve with steamed Jasmine rice. Top with chopped roasted nuts, like peanuts or cashews, for crunch.