Lemon really stands out in this cookie. They are delicious when paired with a cup of tea.
Makes about 32 cookies
3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest (or any combination of mixed citrus)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or any combination of fresh citrus juice)
Nutritional information per cookie: Calories 113 (45% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 1g • fat 6g • sat. fat 4g • Col. 21mg • sod. 36mg • calc. 2mg • fiber 0g
1. In a separate bowl, add 3 cups all-purpose flour and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine.
2. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ pound cubed, room temperature butter with 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon or citrus zest to the work bowl.
3. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. Pulse until ingredients come together.
4. Add one egg, teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or citrus juice. Pulse again until ingredients come together.
5. Add reserved dry ingredients to the work bowl. Continue to Pulse until ingredients come together as a dough.
6. Put dough in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes before scooping.
7. While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350°F.
8. Once rested, scoop dough, about 1 tablespoon each, onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Press down lightly with the bottom of a cup to flatten each cookie.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
10. Cool cookies before removing from pan.