Makes 8 rolls
1 recipe *Basic Sweet Pastry Dough*
Nonstick cooking spray
⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ recipe *Cream Cheese Frosting* or 1 recipe *Decorating Icing*
Nutritional information per frosted roll: Calories 349 (45% from fat) • carb. 43g • pro. 5g • fat 18g • sat. fat 11g • Col. 77mg • sod. 156mg • calc. 22mg • fiber 1g
1. When *Basic Sweet Pastry Dough* is prepared, transfer to a lightly floured surface and punch down to deflate.
2. Lightly coat a 9-inch round pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Stir together ⅓ cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
4. Roll the dough into a rectangle, 12-inches wide and ½-inch thick. Brush with 3 tablespoons melted butter, leaving a 1-inch border on all but one long side.
5. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the dough up like a jelly roll, from one long side the other (toward the unbuttered edge). Lightly pinch the long side together to seal.
6. Cut into 8 slices with a serrated knife. Arrange into prepared pan. Cover with plastic and let rise for 35 to 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until puffed with golden tops and hollow sounding when tapped.
8. Let cool for 20 to 25 minutes before drizzling with the *Decorating Icing* or spreading with *Cream Cheese Frosting*.