1 recipe sweet *Pâte Brisée* dough
2 tablespoons apricot jam
5 large apples (Golden Delicious, Ginger Gold, or other sweet apples) apples, peeled, cored and halved
Juice of 2 lemons (about ¼ cup)
½ teaspoon vanilla paste
½ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
Pinch table salt
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings): Calories 211 (42% from fat) • carb. 30g • pro. 1g • fat 10g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 28mg • sod. 100mg • calc. 7mg • fiber 1g
1. Roll out the prepared *Pâte Brisée* into a 12-inch disc. Fit into an un-greased, 9-inch, 1½-quart ceramic pie baker. Chill in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Roll out remaining half of dough into a 10-inch disc on a piece of parchment. Cut into ¼- to ½- inch strips. Chill in refrigerator until needed.
4. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 3mm. Secure Food Processor Lid.
5. Slice the 10 peeled apple halves on Speed 12.
6. Remove the Slicing Disc Assembly and place apples in a large mixing bowl.
7. Add the juice of 2 lemons, teaspoon vanilla paste, ½ cup granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Toss gently together to preserve the shape of the apple slices.
8. Brush 2 tablespoons apricot jam inside the tart shell. Fan the apples in the reserved tart shell in layers.
9. Make an egg wash by mixing the egg, egg yolk, and pinch of salt together with a fork. Brush on the outer rim of the tart shell.
10. Using reserved brisée strips, weave the strips into a latticework design over the apples.
11. Brush lattice with egg wash.
12. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the top of the pie is a dark golden brown.