Makes about 4-6 servings
½ small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 ounces good quality bacon, cut into small dice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bunch collard greens (about 1 pounds), hard stem removed and discarded, leaves chopped
½ cup sparkling cider
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 126 (61% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 4g • fat 9g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 13mg • sod. 175mg • calc. 114mg • fiber 3g
1. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
2. Scrape bowl. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and add 4 ounces of diced bacon and 2 crushed garlic cloves to the work bowl.
3. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
4. Add bunch of roughly chopped greens, hard stem removed. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes to stir well and coat.
5. Remove the Stirring Paddle and add ½ cup sparkling cider. Secure Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 60 minutes at 210°F with no speed.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.