These are your classic, crispy sugar cookies, reworked to please all those who are gluten intolerant. Roll and cut into your favorite shapes and decorate with sugar and icing to make them extra festive.
- 1½ cups white rice flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
No nutrition information available
- Put the dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine; reserve.
- Put the butter and sugar into the mixing bowl of a Cuisinart® Stand Mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on Speed 4, increasing to Speed 6, until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and, while mixing on Speed 4, gradually add the egg, yolk and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and, then while mixing on Speed 2, add the dry ingredients. Mix until a dough ball forms.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface. Knead by hand a couple of times and then wrap well with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with the racks in the lower and upper third positions. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Reserve.
- Roll out half of the dough to a ¼-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Top with decorating sugars if desired.
- Bake until the edges are just golden, about 15 to 20 minutes for 2-inch cookies. Cool completely on racks prior to decorating with icing, if using.
- Repeat with remaining dough, collecting and re-rolling any scraps.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!