Tempering chocolate requires precise temperature. This method keeps it simple!
Makes about 16 servings
1 pound good quality bittersweet chocolate discs, divided (at least 60% bittersweet, 70 to 75% is preferable)
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 170 (64% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 2g • fat 12g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 1mg • sod. 6mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 3g
1. Insert the Stirring Paddle. Add 12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate discs. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed.
2. The cooking time is set to 35 minutes on 120°F on Speed 3.
3. Scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate any un-melted chocolate.
4. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes on 120°F on Speed 4. With machine running, slowly add remaining 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate discs, a couple at a time, not adding more until the previous discs have fully melted.
5. All the chocolate should be melted. If there are still a few pieces left, stir until fully melted.
6. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick silicone baking mat.
7. Spread onto the baking mat into an approximate 12-inch rectangle or oval (it does not need to be a perfect shape).
8. Add desired toppings (see Step 10 for some suggestions) if using.
9. Tap pan a few times to remove any air bubbles. Transfer to refrigerator to chill a minimum of 3 hours. Once sufficiently cooled, break into pieces and serve.
10. ¾ cup each shelled pistachios and dried cranberries
11. S'mores bar - broken graham crackers with mini marshmallows
12. Crystalized ginger, shredded coconut, and flaked sea salt