Makes about 8 cups
2 carrots, halved lengthwise
1 celery stalk, halved lengthwise
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8 cups chicken broth
1 cup medium egg noodles
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 129 (20% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 16g • fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 55mg • sod. 863mg • calc. 17mg • fiber 1g
1. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly, adjusted to 2mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Slice 2 carrots and 1 celery stalks, halved lengthwise, through the small feed tube in batches using Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve. Remove visible fat and season 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add to the work bowl with 8 cups of chicken broth.
4. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 18 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
5. Add the reserved vegetables. An additional 30 minutes is set at 205°F with no speed.
6. Remove the chicken with tongs and chop or shred. Return to the work bowl.
7. Add 1 cup of medium egg noodles. An additional 15 minutes is set at 205°F.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.