Nonstick cooking spray
8 ounces Cheddar cheese
2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2½ cups buttermilk
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1½ cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, thawed)
Nutritional information per serving (based on 16 servings): Calories 231 (48% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 9g • fat 13g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 79mg • sod. 527mg • calc. 156mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Shred 8 ounces Cheddar cheese on Speed 12.
3. Shredding Disc, Stem, Food Processor Lid
4. Remove and reserve. In a separate bowl, stir together 2 cups yellow cornmeal, 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons each baking powder and salt and teaspoon baking soda.
5. Insert Stirring Paddle. Add 4 large eggs, 2½ cups buttermilk and ½ cup melted butter to the work bowl. The processor is set for 20 seconds on Speed 10.
6. Add the reserved dry ingredients to the work bowl and mix again for 30 seconds on Speed 8 to incorporate.
7. Scrape the sides of the work bowl. Add 1½ cups corn kernels and reserved Cheddar. The processor is set for 25 seconds on Speed 10.
8. Scrape sides of bowl if necessary to incorporate and then pour into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares to serve.