A smooth and mild version, this tea is traditionally served sweet with milk.
Makes 6 servings
4 cups water
3 whole cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla bean, split in half or ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
1½ teaspoons allspice berries
2 teaspoons cardamom pods
¾ teaspoon whole cloves
6 English Breakfast tea bags
¼ cup honey
2 cups whole milk, half-and-half or any nondairy milk
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 102 (23% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 3g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 8mg • sod. 40mg • calc. 119mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Stirring Paddle. Add 4 cups water, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1 chopped vanilla bean, 2-inch piece of ginger, sliced,1½ teaspoons allspice berries, 2 teaspoons cardamom pods, and ¾ teaspoon whole cloves to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F on Speed 1.
3. The cooking time is now set for 10 minutes at 205°F on Speed 1.
4. Add 6 English Breakfast tea bags; allow to steep for 5 minutes.
5. Wring out tea bags and discard. Add ¼ cup honey and 2 cups whole milk. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
6. The cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 160°F on Speed 2.
7. Strain spices and discard. Serve immediately.