2 large onions, cut in half lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
2 cups crème fraîche, at room temperature
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Chips or cut veggies for serving
Nutritional information per serving (¼ cup): Calories 86 (72% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 1g • fat 7g • sat. fat 4g • Col. 23mg • sod. 215mg • calc. 51mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly, adjusted to 2mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Slice the 2 halved onions on Speed 12.
3. Replace the Slicing Disc Assembly with the Stirring Paddle. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and secure the Cooking Lid.
4. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2.
5. Remove the lid and let the onions cool to room temperature, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Add 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon onion powder, 2 cups crème fraîche, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons chopped chives to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
7. The processor is set to blend time 1 minute on Speed 6.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
9. Let rest in the refrigerator to let the flavors meld together.