2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and halved
½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
Nutritional analysis per 2 tablespoons (16 servings) :
Calories 28 (43% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 0g • fat 1g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 4mg • sod. 9mg • calc. 2mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 4mm. Slice 2 apples, peeled, cored, and halved, on Speed 12.
2. Replace the Slicing Disc with Stirring Paddle. Add 2 tablespoons each sugar and butter, ½ teaspoon each lemon juice and ground cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt.
3. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 190°F on Speed 2.
4. Apples are done when they are a nice caramel color and are tender, but still have a bit of firmness in the middle.
5. Add 5-10 more minutes of cooking time if softer apples are preferred.