The possibilities for toppings are endless - we have provided some suggestions, but feel free to use your favorites.
Makes about 4 servings
1 cup short-grain brown rice
2 cups water
2 cups cooked black beans (may use canned beans)
1 cup corn
*Pico de gallo*
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 252 (8% from fat) • carb. 62g • pro. 11g • fat 3g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 5mg • calc. 96mg • fiber 11g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Put 1 cup of short-grain brown rice and 2 cups water into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
2. The cooking time is set for 12 minutes at 285°F.
3. An additional 45 minutes of cooking time is set at 205°F. While rice is cooking, gather desired bowl ingredients.
4. When time expires, allow rice to rest for 10 minutes before removing the Cooking Lid.
5. Dish the cooked brown rice equally into 4 shallow bowls.
6. Evenly distribute 2 cups black beans, 1 cup corn and other desired toppings: pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and sliced veggies like cabbage and peppers. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.