For the big game or the next holiday gathering, this dip is sure to please a hungry crowd.
Makes about 6 cups
Nonstick cooking spray
1 celery stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 whole roasted chicken, warm, about 3 pounds
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 to 8 tablespoons hot sauce
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
Nutritional information per serving (¼ cup): Calories 134 (65% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 11g • fat 10g • sat. fat 5g • Col. 52mg • sod. 458mg • calc. 33mg • fiber 0g
1. Coat the inside of a 1½-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add the celery stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
3. The processor is set to chop for 6 seconds on Speed 12.
4. Remove all of the meat from a small roasted chicken and add to the work bowl.
5. The processor is set to shred for 30 seconds on Speed 4.
6. Add 2 packages room-temperature cream cheese cut into cubes, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper and 8 tablespoons hot sauce (add more if extra spicy is preferred!).
7. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes on 190°F on Speed 3.
8. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup crumbled blue cheese on top of the dip.
9. Broil on high for 10 minutes.
10. When time done, dip should be hot and bubbling.
11. Serve with veggies, bread or tortilla chips.