• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
No nutrition information available
1. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Combine the flour, milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and salt in a blender; process until smooth.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Warm the same skillet over medium heat until a drop of water bounces and sizzles. Add 1 teaspoon butter; turn to coat the pan with the melted butter. Pour in a scant ⅓ cup batter and quickly swirl the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until the pancake sets, 1 to 1½ minutes. Using a rubber spatula, carefully lift the pancake by the edges and flip; cook until lightly golden on the other side, 15 to 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate; keep warm in the oven while making the others. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter to make about 12 pancakes. If the pancakes seem too thick, thin the batter slightly with warm water. Fold or roll and serve with confectioners' sugar, syrup and fresh fruit.
3. *Savory Variation: Add ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, spinach or sun-dried tomatoes to the egg mixture. *Sweet Variation: Add 2½ tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of your favorite liqueur to the egg mixture.
4. Sweet variation is great with powdered sugar or maple syrup!