This burger combines sweet New England flavors with a slight "bite", sure to please all burger lovers!
• 2 Pounds ground chuck
• 1 Pound ground breakfast sausage
• 12 slices peppered guanciale (pork jowl)
• 1 Teaspoon sea salt
• 4 Cloves garlic, minced
• 1 Teaspoon cayennne pepper, divided
• 6 chicken eggs
• 6 English muffins
• 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
• ¾ cup pure VT maple Syrup
• 3 Tablespoons of oil for brushing grill and English muffins
No nutrition information available
1. Turn side burner on grill to medium high heat and cook guanciale until crisp. Place on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
2. Mix maple syrup and cayenne. Set aside.
3. In a bowl combine ground chuck, sausage, salt, garlic, and ½ teaspoon cayenne. Form into 6 equal size patties.
4. Brush grill with oil and grill patties approximately 5 minutes per side.
5. Add a slice of cheddar cheese to each burger and move to the top rack. Brush oil onto the insides of the English muffins and grill both sides until slightly charred, approximately 30 seconds per side.
6. Brush the top of the muffins with the maple syrup mixture.
7. Fry the eggs on the side burner over easy until yolks are almost firm.
8. Place burgers onto the bottom half of the muffins. Top each with two slices of the guanciale. Top each burger with a fried egg.
9. Drizzle a tablespoon of the maple syrup mixture on top of the eggs and then top with the other half of English muffin.