½ cinnamon stick
¼ cup macadamia nuts
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
2 tablespoons hulled, unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1 recipe Tropical Vitamin C Smoothie (page 11), not blended
1 container (6 ounces) plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup diced pineapple
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 335 (54% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 13g • fat 21g • sat. fat 7g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 43mg • calc. 153mg • fiber 5g
1. Put the cinnamon stick into the chopping cup fitted with the chopping/grinding blade. Pulse to break up, about 3 pulses, and then run on High until finely ground. Remove cinnamon and reserve.
2. Put the nuts, coconut and pumpkin seeds into the chopping cup and pulse until chopped. Reserve.
3. Put the ingredients for the Tropical Vitamin C Smoothie into the blender jar, along with the yogurt. Blend on High until smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Divide the smoothie between two bowls. Top with a pinch of the cinnamon (reserve the remainder for another use) and an equal amount of the nut mixture. Finish with the diced pineapple.
5. Serve immediately.